Monday, June 22, 2009

The Power of Observation

I was taking a long japa walk today and realized something. I've stopped noticing or looking at anything. In my "busy and chaotic" life, I've turned into a numb robot. LOL! The irony of it all is that my academic background is Science and I've spent more than five years of my life doing research which is all about observing things! :P

For example, think about the last time you went to the temple. Pop quiz: what colour were the Deties wearing? I'm lucky because for once in my life I actually remember. Sri Sri Radha Kscira Cora Gopinatha were wearing orange and red this past Sunday. For those of you who live in Toronto, no cheating! (I say that because the pictures of the Deities on Sunday are always posted on www.torontokrishna.com)

But all jokes aside, think about it even in your day to day life. Seemingly inane things like the colour of your neighbor's hair or the name of the florist shop by your house do come in handy. How? Well if you are an aspiring bhakti yogi, it helps you practice seeing the power and beauty of God in everything you see.

Krishna's beauty is everywhere to behold and becoming more attuned to his opulence's and becoming more observant actually allows us to experience Krishna at all times.

Also with respect to relationships, it helps us to become more compassionate and selfless individuals. Observing others reactions to the things we do helps us to improve our relationships and makes them flourish.

So, next time you are walking in your neighborhood, look around. You'll be surprised at how much you've never noticed and find that Krishna is everywhere you look.

1 comment:

Satsvarupa Shyam Das said...

Hare Krishna!

Mataji, great realization! I read somewhere Prabhuada said "Before we become Krishna Conscious, we must become Conscious."

Hoping to advance in spiritual life by serving Sri Guru and Devotees,
shalav.