Monday, February 23, 2009

If Only...

...I could be in three places at once! The last time I was in Mayapur it was so easy...my Guru Maharaja was here and so I would just attend all his programs. But this time around my Guru Maharaja is unfortunately not here but all my siksa gurus and favorite devotees are and it's just so hard to choose which programs to attend when they are all going on at the same time.

Yesterday was a perfect example. At 6:30pm HH Jayaptaka Swami was giving a question and answer class in a pandal by the Conch building. At the same time the Bhakti-sastri graduation ceremony was about to start with a drama that the ladies were going to perform and if that wasn't enough, to add to the sweet confusion, HH Sivarama Swami was leading bhajans under the stars on the top floor of Vaisnava Academy! What to do??? So many places to go and only one useless body to try to absorb all the nectar!

Well this is what I did...I stayed for a few minutes of HH JPS class and then went to see the drama the girls put on at the Bhakti-sastri graduation ceremony which was fantastic! After that I speed walked to Vaisnava Academy and just rode the magic carpet of HH Sivarama Swami's bhakti-soaked bhajans....it was just incredible. Imagine being on the rooftop, starring at the star-kissed night sky and being surrounded by the holy name. It was awesome...definitely one of my highlights thus far in this year's Gaura Purnima festival.

As I walked back to my room, the holy name was still ringing in my ears. What a wonderful state of being to be in before calling it a night.

But now I'm stuck with almost the same situation! In a few hours HH Jayapataka Swami will be giving class once again at 6:00pm and then at 7:00pm HG Aindra Prabhu is going to be leading kirtans in the temple room and HH Sivarama Swami (and possibly Madhava prabhu and HH BBGS) will be leading moonlight bhajans at Vaisnava Academy! It's just not fair that we have to choose! :D Oh well...let's see what happens....I think I'll most likely go to class and then head over to Vaisnava Academy for an hour and then join in the kirtans at the temple...but it's just never enough!

What can I say....this year's Gaura Purnima festivities look like they are going to be beyond memorable. Thank you Srila Prabhupada, for making this all possible and allowing us to swim in the tears of your love for Krsna.

1 comment:

Bhakti lata said...

AAAAAhhhh!! How exhilarating!!!! I wish I was frozen in indecision along with you... and then spin into action like you did!!