Friday, October 10, 2008

Appearance of Radha Damodara: Part 1





Many people have been asking me how Sri Sri Radha Damodara manifested in my life. I personally love hearing how the Lord has appeared in the lives of others and so I thought this might be a nice way to glorify my beloved Lordships.

The story of their appearance to when I began to start worshiping them is a LOOOOONG one! So I thought that I would write a piece of that story everyday. This way no one will have to spend 20 min reading a novel!

It all began in New Vrndavana....I was attending the Festival of Inspiration in 2006 and was speaking to a dear friend of mine, Mandali, who I had the opportunity to see after a long time. We were speaking about a beautiful Jagannatha, Baladeva and Subhadra arca vigraha she had obtained from India when another devotee, Harinama, came and joined our conversation. We were speaking about deities and deity worship when I just happened to mention that I really wanted Radha Krishna deities. Harinama, who has known me my entire life, asked me why i didn't get Them myself. I quoted what many senior devotees had told me that "Radha Krishna should come to you." Without batting an eye, Harinama immediately asked Mandali to take me to the Palace of Gold. I was in shock....I didn't know what to think...did I dare...was Harinama going to give me Radha Krishna?

The walk to the Palace was sweet torture...I still couldn't believe it. Once we were there Mandali picked out a set of beautiful Radha Krishna deities and as we were walking back down to the temple I was in complete shock. I was carrying Radha Krishna in my arms!

As we walked to towards the temple an incredible sight greeted our eyes: Sri Sri Radha Damodara from Gita Nagari about to leave New Vrndavana. Mandali smiled and turned to me saying, "I think your deities just named themselves!" I didn't know what to say. In my heart I had wanted to ask my spiritual master to name them, but I felt what she was saying was right. It couldn't be coincidence that Sri Sri Radha Damodara were leaving as I came with my new deities in my arms. Radha Krishna had finally come to me in the form of Radha Damodara!

1 comment:

Devadeva Mirel said...

good story! thanks for sharing it.