Friday, March 27, 2009

A night of magic, love and kirtan!


I'm back in Belapur after spending 2 1/2 unforgettable days on this year's 2009 safari! I had SUCH an amazing time. The first night I arrived at Juhu, there was a cultural program that took place in the auditorium. This is what the safari does. At every place they stop, they hold a cultural program and in this way preach as well as see holy tirthas. The night was filled with magic, acrobatics, the Shyam dance, dramas, a fire show, kirtans and the highlight-HH Jayapataka Swami.

By some great fortune, this is the third or fourth time I have been in Maharaja's association this year and I can't express the emotion I feel every time I see him. He is simply incredible. His magnanimity, his service attitude, his care for all the devotees and his love for Srila Prabhupada is immeasurable. Despite still being in recovery, his schedule is as hectic as ever. That first evening, Maharaja gave a short talk and then afterward expressed his gratitude to the devotees who took care of him so nicely and arranged for everything when he first had the stroke. With so much love, Maharaja presented gifts and certificates to many devotees including his beloved god-brother HH Gopal Krsna Goswami. It was such a beautiful night filled with so much love and reciprocation.





No comments: