Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Travel, Travel, Travel!

Whew! I think it's the first time in days now that I have gotten internet access and have finally gotten a chance to catch my breath. My last few days in Sri Mayapur dham were well....not really spent in Sri Mayapur dham!

On the 7th, my friend Malini Priya and I were fortunate enough to go to Ekachakra, the birthplace of my most favorite Nityananda Rama! After enduring a bumpy 4 hours in the Tata Sumo we finally reached Ekachakra. ISKCON is in the midst of building a big centre there and although it's pretty small now, the devotees were so personal. They even arranged that a guide go around with us to show us all the holy places. Ekachakra is still a very small village and so we walked everywhere on foot. The best part is that all the holy dhams reside in Ekachakra! Nitai's mercy can be felt everywhere and as Malini said it best, "There's magic in the air."

The next day was the famous Shantipur festival which takes place on the disappearance day of Madhavendra Puri. It is said that anyone who eats prasadam in Shantipur on this day is guaranteed to get Krsna prema! Never one to pass up on anything that comes really easy, I made sure to go. :D Shantipur is an important tirtha, being the home of Advaita Acarya. The deity of Advaita Acarya there is incredible and most importantly it is the place where Srila Prabhupada came to pray for strength before coming to the West. Srila Prabhupada would go and pray at the small kutir (which still exists) where Nityananda, Caitanya and Advaita Prabhu used to sit and discuss how to spread the sankirtana movement. Everyone should definitely go there at least once in their life as you can feel Srila Prabhupada's presence there and gain so much inspiration.

Then finally, yesterday was the most lamentable day (at least for me) as it was the day that I was physically leaving Mayapur. Taking leave of Panca Tattva, Nrsimha and Sri Sri Radha Madhava and the asta sakhis was impossible. I pray that I can be back there as soon as possible. They are my family now and all the devotees there are like gems. I will miss them all so much but I take them all in my heart always...

However, despite the sadness, there was still some joy as I wasn't just leaving Mayapur to just go anywhere....I was on my way to Chowpatty!!! And that's where I am now after having listened to an amazing class on humility by HH Radhanath Swami. Chowpatty is such an indescribable oasis in the madness and choas of Mumbai. I feel so fortunate to be here....where I go next, well let's see....:D

No comments: