Saturday, April 11, 2009

Krsna Takes Care

Well I'm finally home after 5 1/4 months of traveling. Still a bit jet-lagged but considering I've been traveling for over 24 hours+ what can I say. A good excuse for me to be a bit lazy. :D

I had a very comfortable and hassle free flight all because of my beloved Radha Damodara which I can officially say are now my traveling deities! :D On Thursday night (the night before I was to leave) I was on the phone with my dad. After talking about a few things he finally said, "Is there anything else?" To which I replied jokingly, "Well I would love to be upgraded to first class!"

My dad is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet and constantly surprises me. Instead of laughing and saying yes that would be nice, which I expected him to do, instead he said, "Well first class might not be possible, but why don't you see if you can get upgraded to business class. Don't worry, I'll cover the difference." I was really touched.

So when I checked in at Bangalore airport I casually asked if there were any seats available in business class. The lady at the counter said yes but we don't take cash or credit to upgrade at the counter. So that settled that. After waiting for about 3 hours at the airport, I boarded my World Traveller Class (I love how that's how they call economy class :S) window seat and settled in for the next 10 hours.

Upon reaching Heathrow airport, I had another 5.5 hour wait before catching my flight to Montreal. After walking around, finishing all my rounds and experiencing some crazy culture shock, "What do you mean 350 pounds for a handbag???" it was finally time for my flight. As I walked to my gate in Terminal 5, I realized that it was a gate from which we had to take a bus to board the aircraft. So this naturally took more time as everyone had their passport and boarding pass checked and then were slowly ushered onto the buses.

When it came to my turn, they took my passport and my boarding pass and for some reason took my old boarding pass actually issued me a new one. I didn't pay much attention to it as the person surveying my passport was speaking to me. It was only when I got onto the bus that I noticed that my seat had been changed from 17K to 12J. I was really confused and a bit upset as I figured out that J was probably a middle seat. :S

But I couldn't do anything about it as I was on the bus. Also I had this strange feeling that I should just wait and see what would happen. So when I boarded the aircraft, I checked out my seat and guess what? It was a business class seat! :D For whatever unknown reason they had upgraded me to business class and I didn't even have to pay for it!

I know it's all thanks to my Radha Damodara. They are so present in their beautiful deity form and I know that my Damodara is always listening to me. And here was another example. Even though I had no expectations, somehow he arranged that I could fly comfortably. Even more so they arranged it in such a way that I didn't even notice that my seat had been changed because if I had, I probably would have opened my mouth and ruined it for myself asking why my seat had been changed! LOL!

So it just goes to show, Krsna takes care. :D

No comments: